2012年3月3日 星期六

The devoted friends

     Once there was a hardworking man named Hans . Hans sold flowers . He had a friend name Hugh . Every day ,  Hugh took flowers from Hans's garden. Hans loved giving flowers to his friend.
     Hans couldn't sell any flowers , because he gave them all to Hugh . When winter came , Hugh's home was warm . Hans had no money , and he was cold . Hans didn't care , as long as his friend was comfortable .
    To survive the winter , Hans sold his wheelbarrow . Therefore , when spring cam he could not work . "don't worry," said Hugh . "I'll give you my wheelbarrow ." Hans was so happy that he started to cry.
    One day , Hugh said to Hans , "May I borrow a board? I must repair my roof . Remember  , I'm going to give you my wheelbarrow . "
   " Of course , " said Hans . He needed the board , but he wanted to help his friend out . After all , he was grateful for the wheelbarrow . He gave Hugh the board .
    Later , Hugh showed up at Hans's house . Hugh said  , "Can you clean my house ? I'm going to give you my wheelbarrow . You should do this for me . " Hans agreed . He cleaned Hugh's entire house . Afterwards , he was very tired .
    One night , Hugh knocked on Hans's door . Hugh said , " I must go to a distant town , but there is a storm . Please go for me . Remember that I'm going to give you a wheelbarrow. "
    Hans went for Hugh . It was dark , and he couldn't see . He fell into a lake and drowned .
    Hugh was very sad. "It's too bad . I was so nice to him . " After the funeral , Hugh went home and saw his wheelbarrow . Its wheel was broken , so he couldn't use it . He left it outside . Nobody ever used it again .

Tips
1. As long as 只要
2. (Someone ) is so + adj + that = (Someone) + V + so + adv + that  (某人) 太 --- 以致於----
3. May I + V ? 我可以---嗎 ?
4. Help (someone) out 幫助(某人)
5. Show up 出席 ; 露面
6. Knock on (one's) door 敲(某人)門
7. Go for (someone) 代替(某人)前往
8. Leave (something) (somewhere) 把(某物)留在(某處)

Reference :
1. ABC互動式電子英語雜誌 116期

沒有留言:

張貼留言